My Mom just visited me in Bandung.. I don’t know why, but even in my age of 20-something, I still get homesick.. especially with my mother.. I miss her a lot.. Like right now.. I miss her already.. 😦
It’s not that I am a spoiled kid.. I don’t think I am.. It’s just that, beside the constant love and affection, there are little things that she always do that is funny and amusing, and like what Javanese people say: “Ngangenin” (making you miss somebody).
Some of the things that “Ngangenin” about my mother are..
- She never let go of her handbag. Not ever, unless me or my brother take her place and hold on real tight to the bag. 🙂 Maybe because she once almost lost her wallet to a pick-pocket, while trying to lift my sick toddler body inside a bus. She let go of her awareness once and focus on me, and it almost cost us the money to pay for my doctor. Luckily, the wallet was return to her after she bravely stand in front of everyone on the bus and demand that whoever it is that took the wallet to return it to her because she need to get me to a doctor. I admire her boldness.. 🙂
- When we are in a restaurant.. She loves to try food but never finish it.. She ordered a couple of things on the menu, then only took 2 to 3 spoonful and she was done. Hence, left me or my brother to finish the meal.. Since I could never stomach much of it, my brother usually fulfilled the task for us. No wonder he is so plump now.. 🙂 But, both of us still willingly do it for her, just for the sake of seeing her happy..
- She never stop praying in the car when I was in the driver seat. D’oohh.. I guess that said a lot about what she thinks of my driving ability.. ;p But I figure at the time, she had good reason to doubt me..hehe..
- Whenever me or my brother break a promise to her, something bad happen.. I’m serious, It’s like a curse that kept us from being naughty. Like what happened to me last weekend, I promised to be back home at 9pm, but I stayed at the mall late, and guess what happened? My car broke down.. go figure! 🙂
- She always does a 1 to 2 hour preach of advice every time I’ve done something bad.. At the time it was frustrating..but later on it was like an anchor to me to evaluate and improve my self. I once deliberately went to tell her about my wrongdoing, just to get her to knock the sense out of me..to get me off that road permanently. But now, I would think twice before I do that since I’m afraid it will increase her blood pressure.. ;p
- She loves to buy her kids things but always think twice or trice before buying herself things..and in most cases, she usually end up not buying. That’s why now, when I have my own income, I like to buy her things that she loves, even when she never ask for anything.. It’s worth it to see the glow in her eyes..
Those are some of the things that I will always miss about my mother.. No matter how old I get.. I’m sure all of you have your own version of things you miss of your mother.. Just don’t forget to show your mother how much you love her..even if you think they already know. 🙂
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
I Love You Full Mom! 🙂